“How can I repay the Lord for all of his goodness to me?” (Psalm 116:12)
I read this in a devotional recently and thought I would pass it along.
If you have never experienced battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation… you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
• If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead, and a place to sleep… you are richer than 75% of people in this world.
• If you have money in the bank, money in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace… you are among 8% of the world’s most wealthy people.
• If your parents are alive and still married… you are very rare, even in the United States.
• If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful… you are blessed because the majority can, but do not.
• If you prayed yesterday and today… you are blessed because you believe God does hear and answer prayer, even though you are in the minority by holding this belief.
• If you can read these words… you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world who cannot read at all.
I was humbled when I read the above. There is no doubt that God is good and that we are blessed!
Though we can never fully repay God for his goodness, we can demonstrate our gratitude through our praise and by serving others.
Today, let’s live our lives as people who are blessed. Begin by whispering a simple “thank you” to God, in prayer. A great way we can demonstrate our gratitude is by serving someone else, in Jesus’ name.