Proverbs 2:6 “For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.”
The book of Proverbs has much to say about making decisions. Here are a few good (common sense) questions to ask yourself when facing big decisions.
- Which choices will honor God?
- Have I prayed well about this decision?
- What are my motives in making this decision?
- What do Godly people in my life think about this decision?
- Will this choice affect other people? And if so, how?
- Have I taken enough time to think this decision through?
- What will the consequence of this choice be one year from now? 10 years from now?
- Am I being pressured by other people to make this choice?
- Would I be glad for this choice to be mentioned at my funeral?
- Is there any biblical teaching which bears on this decision?
Make a choice to step back. Take a bit of time. Pray. Our decisions today impact our future tomorrow.
One thought on “Making Good Decisions”
Thank you for these wise questions to ask ourselves when facing decisions!