Things are crazy in our world these days. Just when you think things can’t possibly get any crazier … they do. Many would have us believe that we are officially living in the end times. Perhaps we are – only God knows for sure.
What I DO KNOW for sure, is that God’s Word is the greatest source of comfort for navigating these scary times. We don’t know the future, but it’s quite possible things might get worse before they get better.
I don’t have all the answers, which is why I need to rely on God’s Word more than ever. The following is a small sampling of the wisdom and comfort I pray frequently to regulate my fears:
- You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times 2 Timothy 3:1
- Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived. But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. 2 Timothy 3:12-14
- Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 2 Timothy 2:23
- Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11
- Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- … “And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20
- The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. Psalm 91:14-15
- Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Revelation 20:10
- “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds.” Revelation 22:12
Blessings in Christ,